Tuesday 26 November 2013

Afghani mother has acid thrown on her face by man who killed her husband


Mother-of-four Akhtara, 29, had powerful acid thrown in her faceSays man who did it killed her husband, who she married age 10She has been unable to find work after attack and cannot feed her childrenComes as UN announces its Elimination of Violence Against Women dayThese pictures show the horrific injuries an Afghani woman suffered when a man allegedly threw a powerful acid in her face.Akhtara, 29, lives in a one-bedroom home with her four children in Kabul, Afghanistan.At the age of ten, she married a rich, elderly man, who was later killed by a jealous nephew, she claims.Terrible injuries: Akhtara, 29, says a man she refused to marry threw a powerful acid in her faceThe nephew, named Amanullah, killed her husband before asking her for her hand in marriage, she says.The man left the city for Pakistan, but returned three years later to the mother's home.When Akhtara opened the door Amanullah threw the acid in her face - leaving her with horrendous scars, it has been reported.

MORE...

'Acid monster' who hired thug to disfigure his wife is jailed for trying to stab nightclub doormanWoman, 21, has acid thrown in her face on way to engagement ceremony by attacker who was jealous of her fianceThe Scars of AkhtaraSpeaking to Voice of America, Akhtara said: 'On the night my husband was killed I was overwhelmed with grief. Amanullah came and asked me if I wanted to remain a widow until I die or whether I wanted to marry him.'He promised to give me money and look after me.Horrifying: Akhtara, pictured with her daughters Gul Pari and Gul Sanam, says she cannot find work because of her terrible injuriesPoverty: The mother, pictured with her four children, says the family are forced to live off bread and tea as they cannot afford anything else'Three years after the death of my husband I heard a knock on the door.'In my heart I thought he has comeback to apologise for his actions. He immediately threw acid in my face.'It felt like my face was on fire.'Akhtara has been unable to find work to support her four children since the attack and is forced to beg on the side of the road to support her children.She says they often go without - and survive on a diet of bread and tea

No comments:

Post a Comment